CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cookie Wednesday: Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies

Cookie Wednesday 
Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies


These cookies make my mouth water.  They are my go-to cookie when I want something that is both sweet and salty.  They are best just out of the oven, still warm, so I like to make a big batch and freeze the dough.  Then when I want to bake some cookies and don't want the mess they are ready and waiting for me.  All I have to do is bake. 

Mason woke up early this morning and helped me bake.  What a good helper!  He just wants to eat the cookie dough, but who doesn't.  I think it might actually be impossible to get this kid to hold still.  Sadly this was the least blurry picture.  I really need a photographer.  Any want to come to my house really early Wednesday mornings to take pictures of cookies?  Free cookies! 

Okay, on to the recipe:

Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies
The big recipe for feezing

Preheat your oven to 350*
2 c. butter (4 sticks), softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla

Cream these ingredients together until smooth.

In a seperate bowl mix together:

2 tsp. + 1 pinch and maybe just a little more salt
2 tsp. baking soda
5 1/2 c. four (you may need a little more, or less flour depending on your elevation.  I am just shy of 5600 ft and the humidity in my kitchen is usually around 30%.  So adjust accordingly.)

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.  Then stir in:

1 bag of butterscotch chips
1/2 of a bag of chocolate chips

Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8-11 minutes.  Watch them closely.  You don't want to over bake them.  They should look almost under-done.  Let them cool for a few minutes before digging in and then I dare you to try to stop.  I know I can't.  (And that's way I only bake a few at a time.)






How to freeze chocolate chip cookie dough:

If you have never frozen chocolate chip cookie dough, it's so simple!  Make the dough now, while you have the time, through it in the freezer, and then when the craving hits, all you have to do is bake, or if you are a pillar of restraint you could put them on treat plates for your neighbors or take them to your holiday parties.)


I just ball my dough and place it on a lightly greased cookie sheet.  (I have well loved cookie sheets)  Cover them with plastic warp and place them in your freezer overnight.  The next morning put the frozen balls into a large freezer bag, label the bag and then put them back in the freezer.  You will want to be quick because if the dough is begins to thaw they will stick to each other.  When you are ready to bake one, two, or a dozen, place the balls on a cookie sheet and let thaw for 15-30 minutes, covered with plastic warp.  Bake in a preheated oven as directed above.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment