CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cookie Wednesday: Andes Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies

Cookie Wednesday:  Andes Creme de Menthe Chunck Cookies 

I bet Santa would love some of these left out for him on Christmas Eve.


First I need to thank my friend Kathleen for sharing her talents today for Cookie Wednesday.  She volunteered to bake the cookies for me.  I appreciate her kindness for so many reasons:  I don't have to go to the grocery store, I don't have to bake, clean up a mess, and I won't have cookies laying around to eat causing me to wear stretchy pants...again!  Isn't she a doll!  I just love her.  And so talented!  You should check out her cake decorating blog.

On to the recipe:

Andes Creme de Menthe Chunck Cookies
(Found on the back of the Andes Creme de Menthe packages)

1/2 cup salted butter-softened
3/4 c dark brown sugar
1/2 white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs

Cream butter, sugars and eggs.  Then add remaining ingredients.  Blend until mixed.

1 pkg. (10oz) Andes baking chips
2 2/3 cups sifted all- purpose flour

Stir in chips then add flour.  Chill in the fridge for1 hour.  Measure (Or do as I do and don't measure) 1 oz dough, form ball & slightly flatten. Raise oven rack one above middle & bake 350 for 8-10min.  Cool on pan 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.

Makes about 4 dozen

P.S. The dough tastes great, like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.  Yummy!

Happy Baking!
(After seeing her pictures I have decided they are worth the trip to the grocery store, the baking, the mess, and the stretchy pants.  It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.)

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! We will defintely have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Following back from the Hump Day Blog hop! I love bookmarking recipes to try later! :)



    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'm visiting from the Hump Day blog hop!!
    I'm your newest follower & would love a follow back - thanks!
    ~Erika
    Musings From a Stay At Home Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop!! LOVELY blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    Take a peek at my giveaways when you come by. Everything is handmade and GORGEOUS!!! I've got 5 going on now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds delish!! I love the combo of mint & chocolate! Do you like Peppermint Mocha Lattes as much as I do? My guilty pleasure! :)
    I'm now following you through the Wednesday It's Hump Day Blog Hop! I hope you'll do the same! You can find me @ http://sofiasideas.com/

    Sofia's Ideas

    ReplyDelete