CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 10, 2010

Third Time's A Charm Fudge

I declared war on Fudge last night.  I had intended to share the most amazing recipe for Old Fashioned Fudge in the whole wide world, but after 2 failed attempts (it turned to sugar, twice!) I am now sharing the never fail, Marshmallow Fluff Fudge or Fantasy Fudge as it is called on the back of Jet Puff Marshmallow Creme.  I made my trip to the grocery store last night and got the ingredients and started today's baking with this delicious fudge. In West Yellowstone there is a little sweets shop that is attached to the Christmas In Montana store and they sell a huge selection of fudge.  My favorite is the orange fudge.  I am almost positive (like 89%) this is the recipe they use.  It's fantastic and try as I may I can't mess it up, and I have tried. 


Fantasy Fudge
 or Marshmallow Fluff Fudge, as we call it in my home
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup  (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup) (Do not use sweetened condensed milk.)
1-1/2 pkg.  (12 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped (I just use a bag of Chocolate Chip)
1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
1 cup  chopped Walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla

LINE 9-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside. Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in large heavy saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 min. or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
ADD chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until completely melted. Add walnuts and vanilla; mix well.
POUR immediately into prepared pan; spread to form even layer in pan. Let stand at room temperature 4 hours or until completely cooled; cut into 1-inch squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment