CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cookie Wednesday: Cheesecake Brownies


I think brownies are pretty amazing as they are, but combine those brownies with cheesecake and I'm in heaven!  I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

My favorite basic brownie recipe

In a large mixing bowl mix well:
2 cubes butter, melted
4 eggs
2 c. sugar

In a separate bowl stir together:
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c. flour
5-6 Tbl. cocoa powder

Then add
1 tsp vanilla

For the Cheesecake Brownie recipe you will need to set aside 1 c. of brownie batter.

Pour the remaining batter in a foil lined (bottom and sides) and greased 9x13 baking dish.

Cheesecake Layer:

2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese at room temperature
2/3 c. granulated white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs

Spread cheesecake layer evenly over brownie batter.  Then using the reserved brownie batter drop dollops of batter over the cheese cake.  Then taking a butter knife or tooth pick swirl the brownie batter dollops through the cheesecake mixture.

Bake for 25 minutes in a 325 degree preheated oven.

Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan using the tin foil.  Peal away tin foil and cut into bars.

Happy Baking!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I've made brownies enough times to know about mixing the dry and wet ingredients together, because there isn't mention of this in your recipe. :) It does say to combine the dry ingredients in one bowl, and it says to combine the wet in another bowl... and then it says add vanilla. No mention of wet into dry or dry into wet. I haven't tasted these yet, but they do look like they will be good. They are in the oven and at current the only issue I have is that I have added 13 minutes to the bake time and the cheesecake batter is still totally liquid with the exception of JUST around the edges. I have another 8 minutes on it now and I'm hoping the brownies on bottom will not come out dry. :( If I don't forget I'll try to come back with a comment on what all 3 of my boys think-husband and two young ones.
    I love your picture... it looks so yummy, BTW!

    ReplyDelete