CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Healthy" Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

"Healthy" Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie

Nutritional Content:
1/2 the calories or regular Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
300% RDA Vitamin A
20% RDA Fiber
Lots and Lots of Calcium from all of those delicious MILK Chocolate Chips....mmmmmm

Here I am, 5 days into my diet, and I am craving cookies.  I decided to make a "healthy" cookie for today to keep me on track with my New Year's resolution.  In college I had a roommate who was (well is) a dietatian.  She taught me one of the best healthy living tips I have ever learned.  To have 1/2 calorie cookies, eat half a cookie.  I am going to combine her words of wisdom with my own healthy living tip for the day.  To have 1/2 calorie cookies with 300% of your daily Vitamin A and 20% of your fiber and lots and lots of calcium eat 1/2 of each cookie from 2 dozen of delicious cookies.  I love "Healthy" Cookie.

I got this recipe from Christy over at The Girl Who Ate Everything.  She iced her cookies with Brown Sugar Icing, but I'm on a diet and so I had to skip that step, even though it sounds delicious.  (I was really just too tired to do that step.)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preheat oven to 350. 
Cream together:
1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened

Then add:
1 14 oz can of pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg

Sift together the following dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients above:
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
Milk Chocolate Chips

This dough will be very wet.  Drop onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 mintues.  Do not over bake.

Here is Christy's icing recipe:

3 Tbl. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
2 c. powdered sugar


In saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar over medium to med-high heat until bubbling and thick. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup milk. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Happy Baking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment